Monday, August 13, 2012

Boo

Well...

It's not going well. Every time I realize how energetically I wrote the book (7 months start to final rough draft) and how much time has gone by without much change (4 months) I feel very sick and depressed about the whole thing.

I know I can't make it come. I know (now) that setting a bar like I did for this month was not conducive to my creative process. I know The Wide and Burning World is 90% there, and that most of the changes are just icing on the cake.

But I was quite proud of my progress until now and with my ego deflated, I'm reduced to a puddle. Lots of other stuff in the works, of course: New writing for TRO, especially, and I've been working harder at my job than ever before. The "it will happen when it happens" idea leaves me a bit hollow, knowing that once I am finally satisfied, the real work of finding a publisher begins. I toil on.

...but maybe not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment