Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Slow Cooker

About a week ago, I got the go-ahead from Nick to get my hopes up about a project I've been cooking since August. We're planning to start layout and armatures in May, so I've got until then to get it written and polished up.

Working title: Tightrope, with The Illusion of Height in close contention
Length: Either one two-part book or two small books, 300 pages total

"What's it about?" they chirped eagerly.

Okay, here's were things get messy. I'm on a roll with the writing, but I don't have my nuggets ready to go.  I'm struggling to come up with a boildown and a tagline.

I spend a lot of my professional time doing copy writing of this kind, so I'm feeling doubly-stumped; not wanting to devote the energy and surprised at how much energy these little piece seem to want to take up. Sometimes it's hard to remember that the marketing aspects of a piece require inspiration, too. It'll come, it'll come.

I'm not letting it stop me, though. I finished the first draft of the first act last night and act two's on the block this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment